Welcome to the Pfizer Psychiatry Research Awards Program.
Pfizer Canada, who is strongly committed to improving the health and quality of life of Canadians living with mental illness, supported Canadian research and innovation through the Psychiatry Research Awards Program. This competitive research grant program aimed to advance clinical research and patient care in psychiatry by supporting Canadian investigators. An external review committee comprised of Canadian medical research experts evaluated all submitted proposals and selected the grant recipients. This committee was chaired by Dr. Glenda MacQueen, MD, PhD, FRCPC, Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta.
Pfizer Canada provided annual support for the Psychiatry Research Awards Program from 2011 to 2015; over $1,000,000 in research grants were awarded. The program is currently closed.
The following award (grant) competitions were held:
- Pfizer Canada Major Depressive Disorders Research Award (Grant)
- Pfizer Canada Schizophrenia or Bipolar Disorder Research Award (Grant)
- Pfizer Canada Geriatric Anxiety Research Award (Grant)
- Healthy Minds Canada/Sun Life Financial/Pfizer Canada Research Award (Grant)
- Healthy Minds Canada/Pfizer Canada Research Award (Grant)
- Hotchkiss Brain Institute/Pfizer Canada Research Award (Grant)
- Institut Universitaire en Santé Mentale de Montréal/Pfizer Canada Research Award (Grant)